Validity of style choice? (or something like that:) )
Your drinking, driving, drugs comment cracked me up. Ahh de youth dem. Lol.
Yeah I'm sorry I can't help with more specifics, but I really think if you have some artists in mind already they would be the ones to really get what you are after, in terms of battleground maps. If you don't have any in mind, start researching and stalking to get some targets.

I remember seeing a western artist on dA, who got noticed for doing one certain anime style thing that became really popular and seeing comments etc which made it seem like they actually smartly capitalised on it later to generate a steady income stream from it catering to fans....who i think mostly probably were not japanese, though not sure. Will try and find them again if I can for you, but yeah I think often the real breaks can come unexpectedly and when you least expect it regardless of the tactics or strategy, you just need to be out there doing what you love, more than anything else.

Good luck in any event, and yeah keep us updated. Oh you might want to have a chat with Eduardo Guaray here on daggers, he loves his anime and was doing a comic in the style, but also does western style illo stuff to pay bills, might be a good dude to hit up directly. He's friendly and on here a lot. :)

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
RE: Validity of style choice? (or something like that:) ) - by Amit Dutta - 01-29-2014, 06:45 PM