Sketchbook & Progess Log - The journey is the reward!
Bah, long time no update... u__u;

@ImSkeptical Thank you so much, glad you like my stuff! And thanks for that advice with the gradients, I actually tried it out and it worked a lot better (I feel). I've seen people here and elsewhere do it before, don't know why I never tried it, so the better you gave me a reason more to try out (:

Actually I'm still thinking about what I'm aiming for, it's not always easy to tell as I kind of want to have a kind of comic-style which is stylized but with a tad of realism. I'm pretty sure about my colours though, I want them to be as realistic as I can achieve. I mean, do you know that feeling, when you see a thumbnail of a painting and you think WOAH WHAT A COOL PAINTING and when you look at the original size you see that it is by far less defined as you thought but the colours kind of tricked you? (I don't know how I can describe it better...). Ideally I'd like to achieve this in watercolour as well.

Have a potpourri of different things today, studies, copies, a lot of stuff from imagination, I don't know. (Bluegreen is probably my favourite colour and I draw that green haired guy a lot, he's my best muse ...)

[Image: merthing_by_cyprinusfox-d75rg01.jpg]

[Image: blahblah_by_cyprinusfox-d75rg21.jpg]

[Image: lifedrawing_2_by_cyprinusfox-d75rg09.jpg]

[Image: lifedrawing_by_cyprinusfox-d75rg0j.jpg]

[Image: inoue_by_cyprinusfox-d75rg0t.jpg]

[Image: blah_by_cyprinusfox-d75rg2g.jpg]

[Image: blahblahblah_by_cyprinusfox-d75rg1o.jpg]

[Image: blahblahblahblah_by_cyprinusfox-d75rg18.jpg]

[Image: feet_by_cyprinusfox-d75rg0z.jpg]

Oh I'm drawing mostly with a biro only these days.

SKY IS THE LIMIT

DeviantartSketchbook

Messages In This Thread
RE: The journey is the reward! Sketchbook & Progess Log - by Cyprinus - 02-10-2014, 03:59 AM