Sketchbook & Progess Log - The journey is the reward!
Wow thanks for all the replies guys!

@construction: thank you so much!

@sam: yay, thankies! I will!

@Othrandir: thanks so much, glad you like them! I really miss my watercolours right now >:

@Forrestimel: no problem, you're welcome! Thank you so much for your kind words and the reminder again!!!! I had a look at my gestures again and I know what you mean. I'm going to pay extra attention here when doing gestures and stuff. I knew this was important but I tend to forget that orz

@Jaik: Thank yo so much! And yes, I agree, I should really practice drapery and also different fabrics. I gotta collect some nice references and then get going!

@brianhermelijn Thank you!!

@Nowio: Thanks! And glad you like the train sketches, although they are so wonky, haha...but I need to put that time to good use! XD

@Eve: No problem, you're welcome! Thanks for the advice, I will surely pay a lot more attention while doing my new gestures! Oh, I didn't even notice they are all so short...well, most of my sketches from imagination are all original characters and although they have a fixed body height I often fail to convincingly draw it, also because I'm not so familiar with proportions like I want to be. The character I'm drawing most is very short though, but I definitely need to pay attention for the others, so thank you for reminding me of this!! Not sure though if I can try the things with the legs, All in all I'd like to keep rather realistic proportions.

I'm somehow took a seat again in the mental rollercoaster, I'm kind of living a total change of motivation with frustration, then motivation again and so on. I know that it's important to just power trough the frustration or give yourself a bit time to relax when there was too much pressure, but sometimes I fear that I will never be as good as I want to be because ...yeah. Because I'll hit my limit or my brain doesn't have the capacities or whatever. It's terrifying. I mean, theoretically I know that there is no limit and that it is possible to get as good as I dream of, but...yeah. I mean when I noticed that already half the year is over again and I didn't progress as I wish I was really heartbroken, dammit. I'm sorry for ranting like that, but...gah. I'm sure you all might know this feeling. >:

I took the advice and had a closer look at my gestures, watched Proko's video about it again and restarted with the new approach. I don't know why somehow I strayed away from it. I think I began obsessing so much over anatomy that I didn't pay attention to anything else anymore.

[Image: gestures_09062014_by_cyprinusfox-d7ltpgw.jpg]

[Image: gestures_10062014_by_cyprinusfox-d7ltpgr.jpg]

I still have such a hard time here and there. I gotta really train my eye and see those movements.

Studies, still a bit focusing on the head

[Image: studies_kyobook1_by_cyprinusfox-d7ltpfb.jpg]

[Image: studies_kyobook2_by_cyprinusfox-d7ltpf3.jpg]

[Image: kyobook_studies3_by_cyprinusfox-d7ltpg0.jpg]

[Image: masterstudy_08062014_klein_by_cyprinusfox-d7ltpfr.jpg]

Leyendecker <3

[Image: study_10062014_by_cyprinusfox-d7ltpeu.jpg]

Aaaaaaand stuff from imagination

[Image: sketchbook_by_cyprinusfox-d7ltpfh.jpg]

[Image: klimtbook_poses_by_cyprinusfox-d7ltpg5.jpg]

[Image: tech_au_05_by_cyprinusfox-d7ltpep.jpg]

[Image: goggles_by_cyprinusfox-d7ltpgh.jpg]

SKY IS THE LIMIT

DeviantartSketchbook

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sketchbook & Progess Log - The journey is the reward! - by Cyprinus - 06-11-2014, 06:28 AM