Sketchbook & Progess Log - The journey is the reward!
@Nowio

Thanks! I'm just a freak and obsess frequently about clean pencil lines...
You're totally right about the rushing thing, but I'm so slow with every thing, there's no way I can rush even if I wanted to XD I'm actually not using a grid in my perspective things, the only thing I use are those vanishing points and horizon line in clip studio paint, other than that I'm doing it line by line pretty much. Or did you mean something else? I mean I need to add at least some reference lines to figure out certain stuff. Or do you mean just doing a study without even horizon line and vanishing points, by just trying to get the angles right by heart?

@rida12

Thank you, I'm not sure what you mean about my "first painting" though?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm working on a rather big commission now and the general business from December somehow doesn't really help productivity concerning studies. I still kind of want to try posting more, even if it's just a few pictures.

The other day during lunch I watched a documentary about a zoological garden and they had baby chameleons. I thought they were some of the cutest things I'd ever seen, so I did some chameleon studies the other day and made a sketch for a possible illustration right after.

[Image: sketchbook5_by_cyprinusfox-d89xbrj.jpg]

[Image: illu_chamaelon_by_cyprinusfox-d89xbs3.jpg]

Right now it's still on a watercolour postcard pad, but I guess I'm going to redo it, possibly on bigger format. I guess an illustration like that would be a nice change from the usual things I do, so I'd very much like to finish it. I'm thinking about making the head of the chameleon bigger and I need to rethink the saddle (like leaving out the loop for the foot). There are a hell of unfortunate lines as well which are almost tangents....
So, C&C is very much welcome on this!

SKY IS THE LIMIT

DeviantartSketchbook

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sketchbook & Progess Log - The journey is the reward! - by Cyprinus - 12-15-2014, 09:33 PM