Sketchbook & Progess Log - The journey is the reward!
@Nowio: Haha, don't get too high-spirited all at once! Hannes and Jana are a whole different league from us. We are a bunch of rookies! It's not bad to dream big though! So lets work hard and we'll see where our journey will take us!
Thanks for your feedback, glad you like the stuff! You could be right about the digital stuff, unfortunately I can't compare because I used some random internet pics and don't have the ref anymore. Otherwise I would have looked into it, but I will definitely pay more attention with the next studies! Gotta pay more attention to proportion in general anyway.

@Lyraina:
Thank you so much! I'm glad you like them. It was so much fun to do, although I really think I have to pay more attention to hues and values. Like the one with the river, I put on too much black orz But it's always so hard doing everything at once. well, Rome wasn't build in a day! I hope I get to do more of such stuff soonish.

@Archreux
Ahhh thank you so much! So glad you like my humble posts. I'll try to post more often, I mean I really want to, but right now I'm totally lacking the time, but I think it will soon get better. I hope I won't disappoint you then!
And yeah, the wisdom teeth really played their game on me, but they can't anymore! HAH!

So yeah! I'm still working to finish the huge backlog of things to do that I'm carrying around, but I think after this weekend I can finally cross off one thing from the list. I hope that a bit more time is just around the corner. Also it's unusually hot here and it's really disturbing my concentration and workflow. Despite the hot weather though I've been paying more attention to my body and I try to exercise more, because last week Thursday I simply HAD to lay down because of terrible back pain. I need to be more careful to prevent such things, that is important too.

On the other hand, I finally continued to read Slam Dunk at the weekends to relax a bit, and I feel how it's fuelling my motivation to work hard to reach my goals.

So here's some stuff!

[Image: 20150802_30minstudy_001_by_cyprinusfox-d94x1nh.jpg]
(ref: http://faestock.deviantart.com/art/Face-R2-75019333)
[Image: 20150804_30minstudy_002_by_cyprinusfox-d94x1n9.jpg]

Two 30minutes I did the last days. I also found some cool brushes for Clip Studio Paint I want to test further. My plan is to try and do such 30min studies at least every 2-3 days.

[Image: 20150801_study_selfportrait002_by_cyprin...94x1os.jpg]

Another horrible attempt at a self portrait. Don't ask me how I got the stupid idea that including a hand would be
awesome. Also, the glasses..........orz I absolutely don't like looking at myself for such a long time, but I'd like to do a self-portrait every month, maybe. It would be interesting to compare them. I didn't put in much time in this because my hand felt like it was dying off. Next, for the time being, without a hand, obviously.

[Image: 20150801_illu_characterconcept_001_by_cy...94x1qo.jpg]

A character concept I'd like to finish and develop into a portfolio piece. I still need to fix the legs. Other feedback is highly welcome!

I did some more stuff from imagination but it's more or less a bit pointless doodling. More stuff hopefully soon!
Also need some more time to visit your sketchbooks...SOON, SOON.

SKY IS THE LIMIT

DeviantartSketchbook

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sketchbook & Progess Log - The journey is the reward! - by Cyprinus - 08-10-2015, 01:05 AM