Sketchbook & Progess Log - The journey is the reward!
@bookend:

Thanks! Glad you could find some inspiration here (:

Now I have to thank you for reminding me to think about my study methods again instead of copying mindlessly. I've been really tired this year so I've been going easy on a lot of stuff. Regretting that deeply now, but it can't be helped. I will keep your advice in mind for the next anatomy studies!

First of all, I didn't really solve the humerus mystery yet. I've compared with Bridgman where I took t he study from, and there the humerus doesn't move - but I guess it's not the main focus of the drawing anyway so maybe it's a bit secondary for that one depiction. I tried to find a solution in Bammes but didn't really find one in the pictures, I have to read the text thoroughly which I haven't yet. As I wrote above, when I test it with my own movements, it feels like it moves. The solution is not forgotten, only postponed though.

Not much of an update today. I've been thinking a lot and I've been going back through my sketchbook here, thinking about what I wrote. I think I realized some important things for myself, which is good, and it will hopefully help me in the future.

[Image: 20150826_0008_by_cyprinusfox-d97832q.jpg]

[Image: 20150815_0005_by_cyprinusfox-d97833h.jpg]
rough freehand stuff from animation backgrounds. Baby steps, Baby steps...

[Image: 20150815_0004_by_cyprinusfox-d97833r.jpg]
I didn't realize how badly I messed up my screen until I scanned it, lmao

[Image: 20150822_study_selfportrait003_by_cyprin...97830v.jpg]
I thought it had already been a month since the last self portrait so I did a new one. I somehow mess up face shapes very badly. I wonder how many I have to do to get a good likeness...

[Image: img_20150826_0004_by_cyprinusfox-d9782yw.jpg]

And scanned some sketchbook stuff from imagination.

SKY IS THE LIMIT

DeviantartSketchbook

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sketchbook & Progess Log - The journey is the reward! - by Cyprinus - 08-27-2015, 02:06 AM