Seeking critique/paintover
If it's a mirror, shouldn't the corresponding arm of the monster be raised as well? If not it's not exactly clear it's a mirror?. I don't think you have solved the issues with the arm and first person thing yet. The foreshortening of the arm is still not enough to suggest depth. I'd suggest you use reference to get it right...should be easy enough to take a photograph with your arm raised, facing a mirror to give you a lot of what you need to get this right.
*Edit: I shot a couple of ref photos of myself doing just this. Luckily the camera obscures my monstrous face. haha.
The lighting conditions were horrible, I'd recommend you setup lighting as close as you would want to be in your illustration, but even so you can see a whole bunch of stuff you can do with composition and pose alone if you play around while taking photos.

I think the composition was better before, though not perfect then. Now you have split the canvas almost exactly in half horizontally which again makes it less dynamic. And as always, if you haven't before any illustration you should do some quick value thumbnails or take lots of well posed ref shots to play with ideas easily so you can nail these issues before you spend time rendering

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
Seeking critique/paintover - by Anchimayen - 01-25-2014, 11:18 AM
RE: Seeking critique/paintover - by darktiste - 01-26-2014, 05:29 AM
RE: Seeking critique/paintover - by Anchimayen - 01-26-2014, 07:14 AM
RE: Seeking critique/paintover - by Anchimayen - 01-27-2014, 07:44 AM
RE: Seeking critique/paintover - by Amit Dutta - 01-27-2014, 02:04 PM
RE: Seeking critique/paintover - by Anchimayen - 01-31-2014, 09:46 AM
RE: Seeking critique/paintover - by Amit Dutta - 01-31-2014, 07:34 PM
RE: Seeking critique/paintover - by Anchimayen - 02-04-2014, 11:46 PM
RE: Seeking critique/paintover - by Anchimayen - 02-09-2014, 09:33 AM
RE: Seeking critique/paintover - by Amit Dutta - 02-09-2014, 10:11 AM