I see nothing wrong with my anatomy
(03-10-2014, 06:34 AM)monkeybread Wrote: Yeah what will improve your understanding of the figure is a lot of time spent studying and drawing the human figure. No way around it. One tip besides the videos is that I noticed you use hundreds of little lines to draw your strokes. You should be practicing to get the action of the figure in longer smooth lines. It becomes more dynamic and captures the rhythm of the figure better. Also it's the overall action, balance and pose of the figure that matters in the initial gesture stages, whereas you are clearly thinking in terms of drawing outlines with tentative strokes. This is probably a fear thing ; Fear of getting it wrong.

Free yourself from the fear by making bold (bold in intent, not necessarily strength of the line) marks. It's better to try the same bold stroke a dozen times erasing each time until you get it right, than making a hundred different tentative strokes on something that is wrong.

the reason i do this to see if u can get the curves right an when i finished i use long lines

gtstyling32.deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: I see nothing wrong with my anatomy - by gtstyling32 - 03-10-2014, 06:39 AM