how do you manage social media and external influences on your art?
I'm glad i'm not the only one thinking about this.
I usually post a lot on facebook, mostly because its the only way for some people (like irl frends and family) to see what i'm doing. And i used to post and interact in art groups there, but its just like you say, there is a lot of noise going on.

To put an example, recently a lot of awesome pros are doing a lot of Cyberpunk/post apocaliptic stuff (last of us anyone?) and then, everyone starts doing the exact same thing.
Its the same with that popular speedpainting group on facebook, i bet, some people dont even think if doing speedpaintings would be benefitial to them or not, they just jump in the bandwagon.
Because its what the cool guys are doing, right? Dont get me wrong, i dont think there is anything wrong with doing speed paintings it was just an example about that sort of highschool mentality.

Of course i could be completely wrong, but at least thats my perspective.
I know my own work would be much more popular if i started leeching on whats popular at the moment, but like you guys i prefer to do my own thing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: how do you manage social media and external influences on your art? - by EduardoGaray - 03-26-2014, 11:58 PM