how do you manage social media and external influences on your art?
Quote:What makes me more especially wary is seeing amazing new unique designs like Aaron Beck's work and then for 5 years on, seeing his stuff in every second robot designer from that point on (even the really good ones!). I get that we all get influenced, but yeah, I want to be the Aaron Beck, not be the imitator. Living in the same city as he does I have actually met him and talked to him several times and I can tell you he designs amazing things because he is truly passionate about his bots and near future tech...he wasn't trying to be something, he just loves that shit.

Thaats what i'm talking about. I couldnt have said it better mate.
Its like, all those Brad Rigney/Dan Luvisi/etc... (just to put an example) wannabes.
If you asked them why they do that, they would probably say, because they are awesome and they want to be awesome too. Just like the teenager who starts playing guitar because wants to be a rockstar someday haha. Maybe not the best example, but you know what i'm saying.

About hangouts, i would love to chat while painting/drawing but i have the attention span of a 7 year old haha.

Messages In This Thread
RE: how do you manage social media and external influences on your art? - by EduardoGaray - 03-27-2014, 10:59 PM