how do you manage social media and external influences on your art?
(03-28-2014, 04:50 AM)meat Wrote: It seems like we have a bit of the older population here as well, myself included (just turned 30)
Please don't talk this way about 30 :D nothing wrong about it, I don't want to feel old. I'm just beginning to be "good" artists AND when I will be 50 I will be awesome :D nothing wrong about aging!
(03-28-2014, 04:50 AM)meat Wrote: when I start to get deeper into draw-mode, I stop paying attention to the music/conversation, I forget how to talk, my jaw hangs open, and I start drooling without noticing until I hear the "tick" of a drop hitting the table/paper surface.
Maybe not that literal ;) but my attention turns off as well. I can listen successfully audiobooks or podcasts but talking makes me stop thinking about what I'm painting and I just start to doodling instead.

monkeybread I can't help 1#. I probably follow few art directors but I never got idea to use it for making connections.
Feelings about artistic friends - that depending on how they are close to me. I can cheer my best friends but if it is someone with who I'm talking occasionally I can be super jealous and thinking they made it only by luck or by using some magic connections. Casual acquaintance often operate on bragging, making me forget that those are actual human beings who also struggle with art and their successes are more likely rare/overrated from viewer point/consumed a lot resources... (I need remind this to myself next time)

Messages In This Thread
RE: how do you manage social media and external influences on your art? - by Madzia - 03-28-2014, 08:14 AM