how do you manage social media and external influences on your art?
I do follow them, and I love reading blog articles.
I have taken the time to classify everything as opinion and never as rule; So it helps start thinking in new directions without straying too far away from my original path.

I somehow have an excellent memory for artists names, I can remember where I saw every image I want to use as reference with ease; It can be a nice thing, it can be a bummer in the long run. Feedly is nice; But I haven't check it in a while. Sort of have been only checking my favorites blogs directly this days.

And yeah, feeling petty, yup. This last weeks have been a particular drag as I decided to tackle such a huge weakness that was enviros/painterly feel. I am feeling specially lacking this days. Seems everything nice happen to everyone and I just keep hitting the wall with the same sore fist I have been using forever :p However, I do try to feel happy for people. I don't think we are competing in the end; It's better to help everyone get better than to wish people down.

It's just hard staying true to that sometimes, so i just turn the internet away and paint with my purple palettes for a while :p

I'm lucky I don't have much people bragging about art though - but I do face a lot of vitriol for other things like feminism, politics, religion (or lack thereof) and hating in general has been putting me off for a while now. So uhm.

I am not sure where I was going with this, just answering you about the petty feelings I guess lol
Going to get back to work...

(edit)
Oh, actually, let me add
I have no idea where I am at, level wise. Some people tell me I am at this level and compare me to such and such artist; I comment that to other people, and they say that is a gross underrating; So uh. I am not sure where I am sitting at realistically speaking. I have been trying to exercise some confidence, but in general, I don't remember a time I have not enjoyed my work as much as today.
I know I am nowhere near spectrum level though, so there is that :p hah

Messages In This Thread
RE: how do you manage social media and external influences on your art? - by Ursula Dorada - 03-28-2014, 12:31 PM