how do you manage social media and external influences on your art?
(03-28-2014, 08:14 AM)Madzia Wrote: Please don't talk this way about 30 :D nothing wrong about it, I don't want to feel old. I'm just beginning to be "good" artists AND when I will be 50 I will be awesome :D nothing wrong about aging!

i really don't want to destroy your illusions - but the aging of the body is not fun. Enjoy your 30th! But for your spirit and art it most probably will be a good thing to get older. And generally you get more comfortable with yourself. If i could go back 30 years with my actual self image and confidence i would be invincible.

(03-28-2014, 06:02 AM)monkeybread Wrote: Ok so next question : how many of you follow art directors on facebook or twitter by blog etc? I haven't bugged any really high profile ones yet with my work....not quite at the skill level yet, but have you guys done it on fb or twitter? A mate of mine said he had and got a lot of work from Paizo as a result. I personally think email is much more professional and less intrusive, but am I just being an old fuddy duddy?

I following some because they often link to good advise and i also enjoy the funny stories they can tell. I don't think the main reason for hiring someone is that you read his name in your facebook comments a lot.

(03-28-2014, 06:02 AM)monkeybread Wrote: And #2 : when i see a post about something realy awesome that happens to an artist on a similar skill level to mine (for example a mate of mine just got into Spectrum!) I have small twinges of jealousy interspersed in the happy for them feeling. I feel so petty when that happens, but I do have to control that feeling away. I was wondering if anyone else gets that?

Generally i am a generous person that is happy for everyone who has some happy moment. Only sometimes when i feel it is a braggy loudmouth i feel a bit angry about it. On the other hand those people can inspire my motivation to show that i can do better.

Messages In This Thread
RE: how do you manage social media and external influences on your art? - by Wolkenfels - 03-28-2014, 06:21 PM