JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
muzz Thanks dude, I got pretty negative about all that head stuff but managed to turn it around and use it to fire myself up.
artloader Thanks, the shading part really does make you see mistakes to correct that you miss with just the lines.
adam thanks for the paintover
pax use that feeling and look at it the other way to think if you keep going how good you will be in 4 months from now!

Here's my entry for the crimson crucible comic challenge:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=87416]

And the WIP stuff:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=87394]

Pretty disheartened I didn't get placed, I agreed with all the crits and felt them myself but not sure where I went so wrong. Maybe I didn't create enough empathy for the character, or maybe since it relies on an emotional response from the reader it doesn't work if they don't have experience of someone dying from an OD, or a family member being an addict or being without a father or have kids or something like that - in which case I can see how it would just feel like a dark story that might leave an uncomfortable feeling. Maybe I just misunderstood the challenge and approached it in the wrong way. Either way, I think I am going to retreat from online activities for a while and just work on my own stuff, not sure if critique is helping me at the moment or just making me question and doubt myself. Doing this challenge really pushed me to see what I could produce when working at my absolute hardest (too hard really, 12 - 13 hour days on top of family stuff, a new caffeine addiction to deal with, too little sleep etc.) but I am grateful that I got to see what the top end of my ability is. I'll be back sometime (maybe soon idk) when I've finished my next comic.

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 06-30-2016, 01:24 AM