JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Artloader: Thanks for the comment, it's good to post on here again, gives me motivation to study and improve and be a bit more accountable! Some other ways to train drawing from imagination, from Kimon Nicolades book, he talks about doing life drawing where you look at the model for 2 minutes, then go to a different room to draw. Obviously with PC you can just minimise the window. I don't think you need to check how close you were or measure the success about how well you observed, it's more about improvising/inventing the bits you can't remember, kind of testing your knowledge of the figure to see if you can make it work even if you can't remember exactly what the leg was doing. Can probably apply that to other subjects too! Another thing he says in that book is the 'daily composition' exercise; you think of a moment from your day, draw a little thumbnail frame and create a super loose, super quick illustration sketch of that moment. I think he had a time limit of just a few minutes. It's supposed to be really rough and messy but train you about creating a story moment from nothing but a blank page and your memory. A more Kim Jung Gi type approach could be to pick a subject and be quite specific, like 'helmets', draw all kinds of helmets from reference then put it all away and just experiment drawing your own helmets. I think he did that kind of thing with all his military vehicles and stuff.

Been working on the animated panel from above, trying out some different action trails and FX to try and get a sense that she's really kicking the werewolf hard. I will add some motion blur type effects to her leg when the final artwork is done.

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 10-15-2020, 02:56 AM