JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Congats on the Macroverse deal Jynonny!  That sounds awesome - I really hope it takes off in a massive way for you :).

You seem to be building up some good momentum at the minute - I hope you manage to balance it all - don't forget to spend time recharging yourself too.

Your comic work is looking really good - what jumped out at me in particular was the variation in camera angles and your perspective work - it really adds depth and dynamism to my reading experience - great stuff dude!

The question of lines or no lines is an interesting one and it's one I'm trying to answer for myself as well.  I dunno - one day I think I prefer no lines and working in shapes and masses - but then the next day I'm loving the intricacies of line!

In either case what I find appealing is where I see well constructed forms and then a good handling of the lighting on those forms.  I've been equally blown away by artists who work in shapes and masses as well as those who work in line.

My current favourite comic book artist is Esad Ribic and his work is equally awesome whether he works in masses like this:

[Image: cafa8a5c05101d9648608af503f04a3c.jpg]

Or when he works in line, like this:

[Image: 094946afa08c7b7c11786448eb77e17f.jpg]

Anyway - just my few thoughts on this - probably nothing too helpful but thought I'd share anyway.

Keep it going dude!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by Artloader - 11-23-2020, 05:56 AM