JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
(12-08-2020, 06:40 AM)xelfereht Wrote: some nice study work you've been doing.

you pull off some good stylization and pushing of features but you may benefit from being somewhat more selective in areas, just speaking generally some of the pushed anatomy gets away a little far without the structure to support it.

some of the whole over pushed features can actually work against letting them shine.
kinda how in caricature if you have a big nose and big mouth and big head and big eyes.. you just have a face where nothing stands out really.

please dont take it as a knock to you, youve been doing great by the looks of things
keep it up

not at all! thanks for the feedback, always looking for places where I'm weak. Are you referring to my little character drawings, paintings or just my stuff in general? I totally agree they could all benefit from more purposeful design. I'm still kind of flailing around a lot of the time just to get something that doesn't suck, don't feel I am really in control of the design yet. I will try to be more conscious of that though (and should probably do more studies from pro's alongside photo reference stuff)

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 12-08-2020, 07:43 AM