JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Quote:That's the nathan fowkes landscape workout right? I started doing those too, just last week! Forgot to include them in my sketchbook update. Me too I got a new appreciation for the curves tool, so useful to group values and stuff, I only ever used it like the Levels tool before. I didn't do the workouts for the last couple days, got really frustrated with my results and just can't find similar brushes to what he uses on clip studio paint. But if you're gonna keep going maybe I will too and we can see share results or something.
figured i'd reply here so you'd see it sooner. 

I don't know if creating brushes in clip studio paint works the same as photoshop... but I just used the snipping tool to copy the images of each brush he shows in the first video, pasted into photoshop and created a brush from that. Then I tweaked transfer, shape, scatter, flow etc according to what he said and what I saw in the video until it looked similar. Most of them are slightly off but they're close enough for following along. If you want I can send the settings I used for each brush ?

also yeah results share sounds good ! but if you're really losing motivation on it I find switching to something else then coming back to it later helps.

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by Skeffin - 03-02-2021, 11:30 AM