JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
@Adam That's interesting, I didn't know that about colour mixing triangles. I don't think it's a waste of time though - I need a starting point - and by doing that stuff I'm learning the colour wheel, names of colours and where they are in relation to each other. I looked at James Gurney's book before but it seems too heavy for me now; plus its about painting with paint instead of digitally so a lot of the stuff in there might not apply - like mixing colours just doesn't work the same digitally, two complements don't produce grey, blue and yellow don't produce green etc. (as you know). I dunno, this is all brand new to me, I'm just starting small, I don't reckon any of it can be a waste. I've done enough value studies to have a good understanding, I feel I'm ready to go in colour.

I did some gestures and a bit of figure drawing today but it just wasn't happening, everything looked like trash and I started to get frustrated, then it started to look even worse so I just stopped. I might have that eye / hand discrepancy Sycra was talking about! I'll try again tomorrow!

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 07-03-2014, 04:54 AM