JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
@Jaik Thanks for the comment and support! I'll make sure to check out that thread!

Today and tomorrow I'm having a 'day off' from studying properly, just messing about drawing stuff of personal interest. Today some manga stuff, trying to get the hand of inking and marker colouring, it's not looking too bad, and really fun to do. Might finish off my clothing folds studies tomorrow or might continue with the markers.

[Image: pIcrho4.jpg]

[Image: Urdy0WO.jpg]
Didn't realise you could blend the markers and create gradients til I was almost finished (I would've done Haruhi's hair like that if I'd realised, only blending is on her face and eyes).

It's a really fun medium to use and supports my colour studies. The test with most of my traditional stuff, to check whether it really looks any good, is how it looks after it's been scanned and is standing alone on the screen. This marker stuff passes the test I think! I'm gonna learn this medium more, and try out a brush pen for the line work.

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 07-28-2014, 08:38 AM