JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Hey there, Jyonny! You're improving pretty quickly from what I've seen! That's seriously awesome.

Now, I'm not sure if anyone has already mentioned these things already (or if you've already gone over this!), but I'm gon' point out a few thangs to keep in mind when it comes to the figure. (I take it that you've been studying a bit of Michael Hampton?) Regarding the distribution of weight, often times drawing a plumb-line from the middle of the head (or navel!) down to the ground plane will provide you with where the weight is focused. If it's a standard standing pose, it'll either fall somewhere in between the feet or on either one of them. If the pose has a dramatic lean (in the case of someone falling over), the reason why they're off balance is because their weight is off-center.

Of course there are exceptions to general rules, and they're meant to be broken! Because breaking is fun. :)

Some of that may have been a bit redundant, as I have a habit of over-explaining things. Anywho, awesome stuff and keep up the momentum! You'll look back in a few months and say, "hot diggity damn!"

Sketchbook!
Criticism is always welcome!

If you continue to question as to when you'll ever be ready for something, you'll find that you're never truly ready for anything.

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by Busy B. - 08-25-2014, 10:04 AM