JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Hypnagogic That's a good idea, I'm trying to switch to using my left hand for a lot of things now, especially mouse (although it feels weird and I keep reaching with my right hand automatically). I'm trying to keep the habit going so I don't lose that momentum - instead of drawing I'm watching youtube tutorials or collecting reference, at least a little bit, so it's not so hard to get back into it when I'm better. Although it has been nice to just read or watch a movie in the evening instead of always drawing!

Renato Thanks so much man! Means a lot when someone says my stuff looks awesome : ) Figure drawing is the thing I've studied the longest and also the thing I have most difficulty with - I guess that's just the nature of drawing the human body though! I'll keep going!

I figured I could do some painting even with my bad hand since that's pretty gentle, so experimenting and practising with my water colours a bit more:

[Image: wUSNYxA.jpg]

[Image: 5wkggiw.jpg]
From bird watching book - a Blue Tit.

[Image: oeP0Jaa.jpg]
Painting study (lost the artist name). BTW that's supposed to be a tyre swing on the tree, I've been told it looks like a noose.

[Image: M26K1U4.jpg]
Recently discovered Gonzalo Carcamo and his book: Modelo Viva, Natureza Morta. Want to try and mimic his style of illustration. (i.e. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EwRAym6ZGdg/Uq...osicao.jpg)

Most of the stuff I post on here is rushed, since I'm always trying to fit stuff in around my 2 year old, these paintings are the same, I'm gonna try and do another one this afternoon and take my time and do it carefully.

Hand is kinda throbbing today from painting yesterday, so today will just do one painting instead of three.

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 09-06-2014, 08:51 PM