JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Updated my study schedule with a six month plan. I'm pretty excited about it, it seems pretty structured and logical (link is in my signature) - I basically focus majority of my time on one area each month; this month was ink, next month figure drawing, December perspective, January rendering, February comic books, March colour.

Preparing for anatomy / figure drawing study by doing some gesture / constructive figures. I think my new favourite tool for doing these is a 6B pencil sharpened with knife and sandpaper (so there is a nice long bit of graphite poking out). Brush pen is pretty fun too now that I've got the hang of it.

[Image: 2Ujo3kk.jpg]

[Image: 8tq3eWH.jpg]

Had a bit more time today so made a start on Hampton - decided to go right back to the very beginning and start again. These drawings are pure gesture; just trying to capture the energy and 'story' of the pose, proportion is the lowest priority - that can be adjusted once the constructive phase starts anyway.

[Image: aUBkL9s.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 10-29-2014, 05:28 AM