JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Stardust Thanks man, I'm glad that came across!

Going to spend an extra month on anatomy, planning to spend most of my time on heads and faces since they're my weakest area.

I think I'm missing something when I approach heads and portraits - when drawing from reference / life with a figure I can clearly see the bony landmarks, angle of limbs, twist of torso etc etc and re-construct it on paper. With heads I find it so hard to determine where to put my construction lines to accurately re-create the face, therefore my heads from reference just end up looking weird / ugly / totally off and my heads from imagination it's just luck whether it looks realistic or cartoony. I've done skull studies, drawn many loomis / hampton head constructions and tried to do a lot of portraits but majority were total failures.

Any advice on how to better see the face and create a likeness using loomis / hampton construction techniques would be very much appreciate!

For now I'll just keep doing pages like this, re-doing the early part of Loomis and the head part of Hampton hoping I'll make some kind of breakthrough ¬_¬

[Image: DuAyjRy.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 12-02-2014, 03:09 AM