JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Patrick really said it all! Don't worry, it all takes time and you are improving! Those perspective stuff are really coming along nicely!

When it comes to human form, my advice (along with everything Patrick said) is try to forget you're drawing/painting a human/face/body. Don't think of it.

One very common issue encountered when people start painting humans is that they do it and think "I'm painting a nose", "I'm painting a boob" etc etc.. When we actually should keep the same thought process as when we're painting inanimate objects (buildings, plants and so on).

Don't think of it for what is it, try to keep your judgment away, even though your brain is crying for it. All you're looking for is shapes, lines, forms and the links between them. F.ex: Instead of seing "eyes", try to see them as spheres, locking with the eye socket's shape, instead of a nose, try to see a triangular 3D shape etc.

If at first you can't turn your brain off at all and keep "judging" your subject too much, it might be interesting for you to do some very quick gesture drawings (check Proko on youtube for that) or grab a photo and turn it upside down and paint it. That way, your brain cannot make the connections it usually does and it won't be able to recognize what it's seing as easily and, therefore, judge it/label it.

We tend to forget about it, but our eyes and brain will always trick us because they're using shortcuts and they "judge", especially when it's another human being you're looking at. Painting your "own specie" will very likely pressure you for many many reasons (that I won't state here but I'm sure you can find some yourself). So just like when you draw a cars or a tree, try to consider the human form in the exact same way. It's a bit tricky to explain but I hope you got my point :)

Keep it up buddy!

You are your only limits!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by LaleAnn - 02-26-2015, 07:24 PM