JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Lale Thanks for the advice, I will definitely try that stuff! It's about activating the right side of the brain I think? I read something about that before... left side is all about symbols and stuff and right side is more abstract... I'll do my best... the perspective stuff is helping because I'm focusing on one line at a time instead of trying to draw the whole thing, need to work harder at switching things off tho! Merci beaucoup mademoiselle!

Patrick Thanks again for the detailed explanation! I will go for Shaddy's approach to start I think, I watched the first few of his videos on painting and seems like a good place to start. I've been messing with painting a bit the last few days but nothing worth posting yet.

So I was thinking about the 'learning curve', and generally, something with a steep learning curve really means that you will improve quickly if you work hard - you can even do a headlong sprint up the slope - but when you reach the top there is a long, slow inclining plateau towards mastery. I feel like I've hit that plateau in a lot of areas and sprinting isn't effective anymore. Time to go slow and steady, but important to keep going!

I felt like this specifically with my ellipses, I got ok at them very fast but the last couple of weeks I saw not too much improvement and still cannot land that perfect set of ellipses to make the wheel base of a car. I keep trying, slow and steady!

Some ellipse stuff (not all of it, sometimes I spend up to 2 hours a day doing this stuff, really want to crack it)

[Image: pFJ7TDu.jpg]

This is loads of skull stuff that I've been working on. Trying so many things to memorise this complex lump. Getting there, slowly and steadily - mixture of reference / memory / imagination stuff here:

[Image: FpHiUhj.jpg]

And a few renders, progress has slowed down on this because of the skulls, will master those first before I go too much further:

[Image: EADtdxy.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 02-27-2015, 12:28 AM