JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Smrr Thanks so much for the kind words : ) I do get distracted by the whole fine arts thing, and everyone at life drawing aiming to make beautiful pictures as their primary goal. You're right I should use it as a place to apply my studies! since being a fine artist isn't my goal, I should use it for my goals!

Ben Thanks Ben. I mean, I do aim for accuracy - I don't rush to rendering anything and take as long as I need to set up things as accurate as I can (that's why so many of mine only have a little bit of rendering). That said, when I was doing the ink stuff, sometimes I found my drawings got more accurate from putting in the shadow shapes earlier. Then there is the whole accuracy vs. design and pushing poses, adjusting silhouettes and adding character. So I guess proportional accuracy is the real goal, in the end right? I still got plenty of errors I'm sure, but feels like I get a little bit better each time!

Riprap Thanks for dropping by and for the encouragement! I'll swing by your sketchbook soon ^_^

Stardust Thanks man, same stuff as I said to Ben above really. Thanks for checking my stuff : )

Just a few material studies from the study group:

Study from photo then one from imagination:
[Image: I7IfG3L.jpg]

Study from The Secret World of Arietty then one from imagination:
[Image: WksrjrO.jpg]

Everyone always says to apply your studies, I start to really feel the benefit after doing the ones above. From now on my determination is to ALWAYS apply my studies IMMEDIATELY after finishing them (or thereabouts).

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 02-20-2016, 03:52 AM