JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Bonesworth Thanks a lot! That really gives me encouragement to keep going harder than ever ^_^

My new training regime seems to be working out for me. It's simple enough that I don't have to write it out and is not cluttered trying to fit in everything I want to learn in slots throughout the week.

Morning: three x 30 min - 1 hour sessions. Set stopwatch to keep focused and keep to time.

Topics (switch in a new one each week, minimum of 1 week before switching)
skulls, asaro heads, expressions, face rhythms, form, figures in perspective, gestures, quicksketch, rendering, perspective rooms, vehicles, 3d shapes etc.

Afternoon: at least 4 hours, spend a minimum of one week before changing the topic

Currently studying Vilppu anatomy (pelvis), next week move onto legs

Evening: When there is time and opportunity, draw from imagination in sketchbook practise the stuff I've been studying that week

Weekends: Work on comic book / other personal stuff

I think this way of sticking with a topic for a number of days works better for me than doing multiple study areas in a week. I determine to maintain this schedule til at least the end of June to see how it's helping me.

Recent stuff:

Form practices:

[Image: RiSWWEm.jpg]
[Image: u6j66V5.jpg]
[Image: o3qt1N1.jpg]
[Image: f9raaNS.jpg]

Skull practices:

[Image: WbtG7by.jpg]
[Image: VoGLhwi.jpg]
[Image: eoJZqBa.jpg]

Expression practices:

[Image: 0eD9IFw.jpg]
[Image: 8s3HAsf.jpg]

Anatomy practice:

[Image: Y4CYeKa.jpg]
[Image: lMuqr1a.jpg]

Stuff is still a bit scattered and inconsistent but hopefully in the next weeks I'll get more solid with this new schedule and will have 5 x practices from each thing plus some personal work from weekends.

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 04-07-2016, 05:25 AM