WIP enviro
oh hell yes this is possibly the most generic concept in existance but its just a for-fun apres work doodle really. being deliberately original can be too tiring if im honest, i just feel like paintings sometimes as meditation...

Yeah i was thinking about that, i really want to avoid the same composition i always have though- look at my dA gallery and you'll see what I mean, its all just rule of thirds, foreground tech, mid ground focal point, background rocks. I also thought about cables, because they draw the eye nicely, but that exact thing has been done so many times (as has the whole idea i guess). I may still add them in. I experimented with having some sort of lava or blue substance coming from the tip of the rock to make glowing pools, but it just looked too bright unless i made the whole piece super dark and apocalyptic, which im trying to avoid. Too much dark stuff in my gallery.

I always struggle with narrative if im honest, i think it adds a huge amount so i need to get better at it. I think in some ways, to have narrative you have to have a clear concept in mind from the start, which i rarely do. Usually im just doing the Feng 'chaos to control' method, which is the most fun imo. but it means im missing out on any kind of intereseting story to grab the viewers interest.

No, dont worry I dont think thats harsh at all, its very much the truth, this is extremely generic and looking at it as a viewer i would simply think 'meh its kinda colourful but nothing grabbing my attention'. I was thinking about pushing the 3 point perspective a bit more with a lower angle, was sketching in lessons today and that seemed like a better solution.
Do you have any more ideas for narrative/foreground elements?

Train, gain, or stay the same.
Deviantart
Sketchberk

Messages In This Thread
WIP enviro - by Wardy - 05-16-2014, 05:26 AM
RE: WIP enviro - by Alchimi - 05-16-2014, 07:03 AM
RE: WIP enviro - by Wardy - 05-16-2014, 05:32 PM
RE: WIP enviro - by Amit Dutta - 05-16-2014, 06:50 PM
RE: WIP enviro - by Wardy - 05-16-2014, 09:41 PM
RE: WIP enviro - by Wardy - 05-16-2014, 11:04 PM
RE: WIP enviro - by Wardy - 05-17-2014, 05:16 AM
RE: WIP enviro - by ManoRGM - 05-17-2014, 05:31 AM