Poll: Which style mentoring thing would you prefer? (probably read below first)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
lectures, review and homework
46.15%
6 46.15%
themed and more freeform discussion like a podcast
53.85%
7 53.85%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

ImSkeptical wants to help you become skeptical! And with art things too...
I really like this idea and I want to thank you for putting in the time to do this!

I also think the idea for having it be a more freeform discussion podcast is really good and a much better idea than to just do the same old standard lecture/homework format. There are so many courses done in that fashion already. An open discussion format will also mean that the mentees will have to participate more and we'll get to see deeper into their minds, so it'll be much more interesting to watch/listen to (providing the mentees are willing to open up and speak their minds and really dig into the topics that come up). Podcast discussion are interesting because you not only get facts and knowledge, but you also get to see a live recount of people's emotions and decision making processes and you get to see the way people think.

So, those are my thoughts on it, and I'd actually be quite interested in joining in. It seems a bit gratuitious to list a bunch of reasons why I'm more suitable to be picked than anyone else, why it would benefit me more than others or why I would benefit you more than others would, so I won't say anything in that regard.

My interest in joining mainly comes from wanting to hear more about the stuff you learnt about psychology and learning, learning how to learn more efficiently and "skillfarm" has been a fascination of mine for the past couple of years, but I honestly am quite terrible at it, I get confused and overwhelmed with the vast possibilities and my attempts to systematise an overarching plan never work satisfactorily, I've ended up "shelving" many of my interests so I can just focus on a few main ones, so any knowledge or insights you have into that process are very compelling to me.

Anyway, english is my native language and I have a microphone : ) and if you decide to go ahead with the discussion format then I'd really be happy to join in. I'll see if I can record some voice thing soon (it's late at night here now so I can't)

And some of my art: www.000eyes.com

Thanks!

"If you want liberation in this life, there is no area that you do not watch. Watch the breathing, watch the posture, watch the flow of energy, watch the texture of the mind, watch the response to objects." - Namgyal Rinpoche

Messages In This Thread
RE: ImSkeptical wants to help you become skeptical! And with art things too... - by aks9 - 05-22-2014, 11:36 AM