Metabi's Sketchbook
Weekly update time!

I don't have any finished/polished pieces to show this week but I made a process compilation for a piece I did a couple weeks ago if you're interested: http://fav.me/d7lvge1

Here are the week's WIPs:

[Image: MMIXtfZ.jpg]
Something based on punk subculture, still need to do the staircase she's sitting on.

[Image: ha2ltuj.jpg]
[Image: 3dQrfK7.jpg]
Decided to make something out of this sketch, finished the lineart and laying out the basic colors for the piece. Still need to mask the different sections and polish the painting and details but the hardest work is already done.

[Image: 0sqJmzg.jpg]
This one's coming along nicely though I need to make an alternate file and flatten things out since the file is too big...

And here are some sketches:

[Image: U6rgJs6.jpg]
Drew a cool guy sitting in a throne with his pet dragon though wasn't too happy about the dragon's face.
[Image: ImiRCO0.jpg]
Drew a couple more pages of dragons after that. I liked this happy one sitting down.

[Image: GW9apvl.jpg]
Wanted to draw a character approaching an imposing background but didn't know what kind of imposing background I wanted so I just ended up drawing a character in front of a stairwell and a random symmetrical pattern.... I can see many directions this could go, an entrance to some sort of tower or building, or spellcasting, or some altar, or throne...... don't know if I'll revisit this.

[Image: INNeell.jpg]
For a successful background however here's a concept for a house for a comic I'm writing. I also have many more sketches but I'm torn about them because I want to show them but I also want to keep them a surprise...

Messages In This Thread
Metabi's Sketchbook - by Metatabi - 05-21-2014, 03:01 PM
RE: Metabi's Sketchbook - by missimoinsane - 05-24-2014, 04:14 PM
RE: Metabi's Sketchbook - by Metatabi - 05-30-2014, 05:18 AM
RE: Metabi's Sketchbook - by Metatabi - 06-04-2014, 06:41 PM
RE: Metabi's Sketchbook - by Metatabi - 06-11-2014, 01:59 PM
RE: Metabi's Sketchbook - by Metatabi - 06-18-2014, 11:54 AM
RE: Metabi's Sketchbook - by Metatabi - 06-30-2014, 01:38 PM
RE: Metabi's Sketchbook - by Metatabi - 08-14-2014, 01:36 PM