Metabi's Sketchbook
It's weekly update time!

I finished 2 images this week:

[Image: 4PyATZI.jpg]

[Image: cYic5nR.jpg]

And I also made a sheet with all the versions for this image. The first is the actual painting without editing and includes a lamp I decided not to include in the finished painting. I have several quick versions I blocked out to experiment with possible ways of coloring a comic and then the finished painting and some edits to change the lighting/darkness.

[Image: UJhNz5g.jpg]

Here are a couple WIPs I've been working on this week:

[Image: 3iwuyTz.jpg]

[Image: gC649g4.jpg]

Random sketches and warm-ups:
[Image: mhefwhg.jpg]
[Image: bVl1OKr.jpg]
[Image: UTJfcHo.jpg]

[Image: WYpeM6n.jpg]
Found a neat way to increase page mileage for those times I can't concentrate too much or just don't know what to do, don't like the sketches on this page but that's bound to happen with some sketches.

[Image: lC8GQk5.jpg]
A very quick background warm-up but I like the mood.

Monster Hunter Challenge: I wanted to join the challenge but once I finally summoned up the courage there were only 2 days left and it's not possible for me at my current skill-level to finish anything worthwhile within that time but I did do planning/design sketches and thumbnailing. I'm thinking however of doing 2 illustrations more focused on the storytelling of the hunter challenging the monster and then a shot with the victor walking away, feels like a good story-telling exercise.

[Image: 3f0bfg7.png]
Monster and notes, it's hard for me to focus on things like monsters and landscapes unless I have some sort of story or background information about them.

[Image: XiIFx8C.jpg]
Really rough hunter concepts but they do the job.... the rough composition thumbnails didn't scan well.

Messages In This Thread
Metabi's Sketchbook - by Metatabi - 05-21-2014, 03:01 PM
RE: Metabi's Sketchbook - by missimoinsane - 05-24-2014, 04:14 PM
RE: Metabi's Sketchbook - by Metatabi - 05-30-2014, 05:18 AM
RE: Metabi's Sketchbook - by Metatabi - 06-04-2014, 06:41 PM
RE: Metabi's Sketchbook - by Metatabi - 06-11-2014, 01:59 PM
RE: Metabi's Sketchbook - by Metatabi - 06-18-2014, 11:54 AM
RE: Metabi's Sketchbook - by Metatabi - 06-30-2014, 01:38 PM
RE: Metabi's Sketchbook - by Metatabi - 08-14-2014, 01:36 PM