|| Cold Coffe || Getting serious with caffeine in my system
clockodile: Awesome suggestions as always man. I'm totally positive that what you're talking about thinking carefully the mark making and the strokes before putting them in place is the way to go to get rid of my messiness and overall chaos, which really destroys the quality of everything big time. I have tried to do that in a few face studies today, but I'm too tired still, hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to do those studies properly. I'll also be studying peleng cause it's about time, great ideas. :D And also you're quite right about the issues with the comp, if I find the patience/courage to work on it further I'll give it a try. Thanks a ton for all of your feedback man, always makes my day :)

Birchgrove: Thanks for dropping by! I hadn't seen those videos , thanks a ton , they will be helpfull in the coming days. And yeah you're right value is key, that's why I made a little break to work on those some more so I can focus just on color properties :) And yeah, I stopped color picking quite a while ago, that's why all of my studies suck hahaha, but it's good to see how ignorant I am and hopefully fiz it in the future!

Mathias86: Thanks! Yeah, the poses where made from mind. The trick is to correct them until you find them "correct" and do your best to try and visualise as much as you can before laying down the pencil. :)

Well...I'm totally brain dead, I'm still readjusting after this whole crazy week of sleeping 2 hours, studying 8, sleeping 3, studying 1, sleeping 8...etc.

So tonight I tried to do faces with ref of chubby guys and it took too much concentration and patience for my poor brain, so I just did these studies and I have a direction for tomorrow. I like these two, although they took an hour each ( way slower than my usual speed with pencil)

[Image: IMG_0001.jpg]

These other 2 are just shit, lost my patience and went to music planet while drawing and forgot what I was doing, plus the refs, specially for the douche with glasses where 300x400 and lit as total crap ( but yeah, I failed, no excuses):
[Image: IMG-1.jpg]

Just so this update isn't so empty I scanned the warmups I did today before starting to think:
[Image: IMG_0003.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0004.jpg]

Oh, and some face failures from mind ( I really need to work on faces man, I suck balls):
[Image: IMG_0002.jpg]

And to wrap it up, some sketches I did while sitting on the shitter:
[Image: IMG_0005.jpg]

Hopefully tomorrow's update won't be so lame. Anyway folks, take care and remember: DON't MESS UP YOUR SLEEPING SCHEDULE.

SB

Messages In This Thread
RE: || Cold Coffe || Getting serious with caffeine in my system - by Suira - 08-11-2014, 08:14 PM