|| Cold Coffe || Getting serious with caffeine in my system
Birchgrove: Hahaha! Best death scene ever INDEED!

LaleAnn: Thanks! :)

Well, tonight I kept it up following clocko's advise, trying to think before putting down stuff, and in the process of doing such a tedious yet rewarding thing I realised one of my main problems in drawing, that is now evident to me, but I couldn't pinpoint before. See, the reason for the messiness of my construction lines and overall low line quality was.....MY LINE CONSTRUCTION METHOD! What a surprise huh? Well, I'm that retarded xD

So basically I suffer from the widely spread "chicken-scratch" syndrom when drawing, and from yesterday I've been forcing myself to do consistent and decided lines when building a shape, also I started getting rid of guidelines, which makes the process way harder, but theorically those guideline should be in your head before you put them down, so yeah...

Anyway, I'm quite happy with today's results, I kind of fell into procrastination midway trough the night, but it's unavoidable when you're frying yout brainpan trying to build in the complete opposite way you're used to.

First, some hand warmups, ( about 1,5 hours) I had to crop them like this because I made the mistake of purchasing a weird paper size that's bigger than A4, and thus my scanner can't properly scan them:
[Image: Warmups001-2.jpg]

Then, this 2h face study ( I wrote 1'30 on the paper, but then I fixed a few things):
[Image: Facestudy005.jpg]

Then a 1'5h painting trying to apply what I learned with the tablet, kinda lame at this stage but I feel my construction skills have improved dramatically:
[Image: painting002WIP-1.jpg]

After that a quick 25 min face study that took way less than the first one and still looks ok:
[Image: Facestudy006-1.jpg]

And finally a rough construction of the next face study ( too tired to keep it up so I'll finish it tomorrow, I think), I'm uploading this so the process I'm using becomes more evident and thus you guys can crit me on the approach :D
[Image: Facestudy007-1.jpg]

Oh! And as a bonus, a silly thing I drew in my "sitting on the shitter time" that contemplates the deep consequences that Solid Snake has to face for bearing such name, aside from Metal Gears and crazy elite assassins:
[Image: IMG_0007.jpg]

And that about wraps it up for today, I hope I'll be mor eproductive tomorrow as I slowly get the hang of the new method. And really , THANKS CLOCKODILE, that advise really helped me man!! ;)

SB

Messages In This Thread
RE: || Cold Coffe || Getting serious with caffeine in my system - by Suira - 08-13-2014, 12:48 AM