|| Cold Coffe || Getting serious with caffeine in my system
Rafa: Glad you think the gestures are improving! I love yours so I guess mine can't be so bad after all :) Still a lot more to do till they're close to yours hehe. And yeah man, I can't get mad at you for stating the truth :) the values kinda suck on those, I still have a lot of dificulty seeing value in color, unless I take a long time painting something I fail miserably. I guess I'll get used to it with practice, but for now it's quite frustrating :P. By the way, I don't know why but the link doesn't work for me, same happenned for the dragon painting you linked on da ( except that one I looked for the title and found it hehe).

And yeah, you're kinda right, sometimes trying to squeeze more hours to study gets obsesive, but I'm sure you work harder than I do, lately I barely study 8 hours a day, which is...not enough. The best advise I can give is to make a 15 minute break every hour to avoid wrist pain, I smoke a cigarette and have a coffe, and I get ready to go :)

Well, today is failure/ despair / frustration day. I'm assuming it's because I'm close to a new level up, but man it's so fucking annoying. I just hated everything I did this week and I suspect it has to do with my brushwork+ value control + edge control+ not simplifiying+ trying to do too many things at the same time. So yeah, I'll have to think for a while and experiment these next few weeks to see if I can solve it, cause that's a lot to tackle on.

Today I gave up just 4 hours in, I'm tired and frustrated, and I feel that forcing myself is not gonna help today. So here you go , a lazy frog study trying just to understand color a bit more ( it was a luminiscent frog, so value is really off in this one) and a repaint from an old thing I did last year, trying to apply what I learned lately and FAILING MISERABLY. Good night :P

The old one:
[Image: Overpaintingoldstufftheoldone.jpg]
The new one: ( took about 1,5 hours)
[Image: Overpaintingoldstuff.jpg]

Frog fail:
[Image: ColorStudy005-1.jpg]

SB

Messages In This Thread
RE: || Cold Coffe || Getting serious with caffeine in my system - by Suira - 08-16-2014, 08:09 PM