|| Cold Coffe || Getting serious with caffeine in my system
Nikt: Hey man, thanks for the feedback, I had the feeling that I had gone too far repainting the face, and indeed I did haha, so I transformed it to fix the issue, let's hope it makes more sense now. I gave a try to your idea about lowering the value of the room, but it kills the contrast and destroys the justification for the strong tim lights, so I left it as is. Overall I think I'm gonna leave the values as they are since I worked on them quite a long time and redoing them at this point is gonna be too time consuming, let's hope I can apply what I've learned in the next one. Thanks for taking the time to give me some crits! ;)

Archreux: Thanks man. Don't worry, I'm giving myself some breathing room since I'm still a bit dizzy, still I'm managing to put in my 7-8 hours again, so I can't complain hehe. I'm glad the design studies helped you, I cannot recomend them enough, give them a try!

Well, today I spent some time watching documentaries on painters I like and finally, after years of saying no, I decided to give master studies a go, focusing in learning stuff from them rather than just making copies. I gotta say they're pretty usefull. No warmups today, didn't feel like it.

First,some corrections on the CHOW piece, I know I could do tons more of work, but I'm frankly quite tired of working on this, I learned a lot from it, and I managed to get a somehow decent look, so I'll refine it a bit more tomorrow and fix/ introduce some hues and call it a day:

[Image: ChowPainting2playingaround-1.jpg]

After that I did a master study of Manet, I was specially interested in his simple, yet super effective values / hues so I did a detail study on Olimpia's hand, pretty fun, contrary to what I expected:

[Image: Manetmastercopy.jpg]

After that I gathered some courage and decided to go for a Velazquez piece ( since we're both spanish and he's awesome, you know xD) and failed quite miserably getting any close to his mastery, but learned a fuckton about simplicity and edge control:

[Image: MasterCopyVelazquez.jpg]

To wrap it up I did a piece of POOP, just to give a try to some ideas, it sucks because the studies took long hours and my brainpan is kinda fried at this point, but hey, better than nothing:

[Image: poo.jpg]

That's about it, see you tomorrow with more crappy content peoples!

SB

Messages In This Thread
RE: || Cold Coffe || Getting serious with caffeine in my system - by Suira - 08-29-2014, 11:04 PM