|| Cold Coffe || Getting serious with caffeine in my system
BenFlores: Thanks man! I'll keep them coming, although they're gonna still be pretty lame for a while xD

Lyraina: Thanks a lot for the feedback and good wishes Lyra! The accident thing is no big deal just a few scratches and a really really painfull open toenail , but nothing serious. And you're right I maybe am being too impatient, I'll just keep at it even if I feel it's total shit. I also decided to follow your advise and take extra time to do the studies, in the hopes it kind of pays off, it didn't but I'll keep trying haha.

Archreux: I think you're right man, some distance will probably help too. I'm trying to keep it steady and even focusing on breathing some fresh air, reading theory and stuff like that, it's helping a lot to get back in the mood. Thanks a lot for your kind words and dropping by man, really appreciate it :)

rafa: Yeah man, it's a very huge rollecoaster hehe. I'll get my motivation back soon I guess, for now I just hate everything I do hahah.

Jaetryn: Thanks! Yeah rough batches, they come and go, I'll get over it eventually :) Loving your work btw!

Jaik: Thanks! :)

Well, got back into it, kinda slowly though , I'm reading articles about tecniques and trying to make sense on how come I suddenly seem to have forgotten all I've learned. I'll just keep tossing studies cause personal work is very very lame lately. Thank you guys for your support it really helped me to just keep at it no matter how increidibly lame I feel I'm getting :P

So for today, a 3,5h Velazquez study, that came out like total shit. I kinda learned something about limited value/hue range and simplificty I guess, so mission acomplished...maybe:

[Image: 4.jpg]

Oh yeah, I started using a custom nib I made out of trim wire following a tutorial on DA, and did both the study and this shit sketch for fun that's completely over the top, celebrating the fact that it actually works. I had been using a super grinded nib for like 4 months since there's no way to get shhipments or buy anything like that where I am:

[Image: 3.jpg]

Some gestures from mind, I spilled coffe or some shit in it so yeah:

[Image: 7.jpg]
[Image: 8.jpg]

A brief shoulder study based on Ron Lemen's handouts from TAD:
[Image: 9.jpg]

And some hel-looks.com studies:

[Image: 6.jpg]

Pretty much utter SHIT, but I wanted to toss them here to let you guys know I'm trying to work trough this freaking block. Hope you're all happy, motivated and, most importantly NOT BLOCKED LIKE ME xD

SB

Messages In This Thread
RE: || Cold Coffe || Getting serious with caffeine in my system - by Suira - 09-06-2014, 01:48 AM