This Sketchbook Sucks by Audie
Studies are looking good! And the imaginative work looks pretty good too; I definitely know what you mean about feeling like you can't make dynamic or complex stuff yet. I constantly fear making imaginative work myself because I want to be better at the figure and head first. But just forcing yourself to do it so you can really see what needs work and get feedback will really help get you there faster.

I look forward to seeing more stuff from you, and hopefully give you useful feedback too : )
When you're trying to come up with a complex image at first, just use simple gestures/mannequin figures to rough out the image, and don't be afraid to get composition ideas from master paintings. Even the old masters did that.

Once you have the basic gestures and shapes established, just collect a ton of reference that you think would help and start drawing in lines or silhouettes, however you work best, and then post that stage for feedback. I think that would probably be the best way to go about it. Just my two cents though!

: D

Messages In This Thread
RE: This Sketchbook Sucks by Audie - by jeremygordon89 - 11-14-2014, 04:32 PM
RE: This Sketchbook Sucks by Audie - by Caisne - 11-14-2014, 04:52 PM
RE: This Sketchbook Sucks by Audie - by Jonesoda - 01-11-2015, 05:03 PM
RE: This Sketchbook Sucks by Audie - by Vicianus - 03-04-2015, 07:07 PM
RE: This Sketchbook Sucks by Audie - by Tsirides - 04-19-2015, 09:55 PM