Digital Study for a Painting (NSFW)
(12-07-2014, 10:02 PM)Amit Dutta Wrote: You've done a great thing. Chucking away a whole lot of work, because it wasn't working is the right attitude. We should all be willing to scrap anything if it doesn't work and not be precious about it. I think I like the poses a lot better and the comp feels more balanced in terms of the figures anyway. One thing that looks a little off to me are his legs which seem a bit too long for his torso proportions.

Also if there is going to be anything in the rest of the canvas you should consider putting it in now and ironing out the issues with the entire painting comp. before you get to the render stages. Out of curiousity, do you do a lot of thumbnails in the leadup to your drawings? If not, it might help to build in that as an initial stage so you don't work on things in a piecemeal fashion.

Keep it up!

Yes thank you! I seriously fought with myself about it but I've learned the hard way that sticking with something that you know isn't working will just get you frustrated.

And thank you for pointing out the legs! I didn't see that! Also about the proportions, do you think the woman's body is a bit large in comparison?

And I do thumbnail but I think they're still pretty basic especially in terms of detail. I gotta confess, my thumbnails for this weren't as serious as I'd normally have them and I cut corners. Learned my lesson there. Rolling eyes, funny thought I also think the anatomy threw me off but I don't want to give myself excuses.

Thanks again, Amit!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Digital Study for a Painting (NSFW) - by Anisia Villamejor - 12-08-2014, 12:50 AM