Digital Study for a Painting (NSFW)
No worries at all! There is something a bit funny about her; There is an impression of the legs being a bit too stubby or her upper body being a bit too large but I'm not sure if that is a proportion thing, or just the angle of her leg?

I think there is an unsolved problem going on with her hip and leg connection on further inspection. It is hard to tell from the drawing if that leg is exactly side on to the POV or if it is meant to be slightly foreshortened. If her torso is twisted and her leg is splayed outward then it could be the case, but I think it isn't that clear in the drawing. I think this uncertainty in that hip area is what makes it a bit unresolved for me.
Where is her other leg? It might help drawing that in even if it won't make it into the painting because it will help you with the overall pose and balance of the entire figure. What might also help is to draw around the limb forms when constructing them, rather than just contour them, so you can resolve things like awkward limb angles and distortion due to depth.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
RE: Digital Study for a Painting (NSFW) - by Amit Dutta - 12-08-2014, 06:11 AM