Lost Patience
(12-15-2014, 04:05 AM)Amit Dutta Wrote: Great glad it helped.
You know nobody needs to see your folio pieces (unless you are getting feedback) except for the scholarship boards if that is what you need it for. Having an online presence won't help with that.

Definitely build an online presence to get your work out there for sure at some point, but remember it isn't really a priority for you at the moment if all you are doing is submitting for schools.

About the external pressure, yeah I feel that man. It is so hard to work creatively and authentically when somebody or some situation is creating pressure on you to do so. I don't have a lot of suggestions how, but I highly recommend you try and minimise any such pressure on yourself. Definitely work quickly if you need, but also allow yourself the breathing space to spend time with and have fun with each piece. If you are having fun, you are probably on the right track. The moment you stop enjoying it or are really stressing and struggling to push through, ask yourself why you are grinding and try and get back to the fun bit of the work. Your best work will come from enjoyment, not grinding. Work on what you want, not what others want.

Also rushing stressed through 20 pieces will end up with 20 rushed stressed pieces that show you aren't that considered with your craft. Coasting through and enjoying 12 pieces will end up with 12 laid back considered and finished pieces. Basically the time factor is important but sometimes you have to give a piece the time it needs. Always go away and do something else for a day or two if you end up feeling too manic. Just to chill yourself out.

Good luck with the folio building!

You've been such a great help in just 2 posts! I could really feel it working when I was drawing my comic today. Really appreciate it :)

Messages In This Thread
Lost Patience - by Comicsink - 12-13-2014, 04:03 PM
RE: Lost Patience - by Chris P - 12-13-2014, 10:44 PM
RE: Lost Patience - by Comicsink - 12-14-2014, 02:07 AM
RE: Lost Patience - by Amit Dutta - 12-14-2014, 06:56 AM
RE: Lost Patience - by Comicsink - 12-14-2014, 02:15 PM
RE: Lost Patience - by Amit Dutta - 12-15-2014, 04:05 AM
RE: Lost Patience - by Comicsink - 12-16-2014, 11:29 AM
RE: Lost Patience - by Amit Dutta - 12-16-2014, 06:51 PM