learning illustration from the beginning
@Eyliana Haha. True enough!  Thumbs_up 

I think the time spent on homework from CGMA varies a bit depending on skill level and speed and how far you want to take the assignments (in Dynamic Sketching there was a minimum amount of homework, but you were told you could do more pages or add complexity if you were a more advanced artist--but to give you an idea, homework for week two was 4 pages of organic forms, 1 page of textures, and 1 page of organic forms with textures). 

CGMA recommends from 6-8 hours per week, but in a chat convo with others in my class, everyone agreed that the class took more time than they anticipated. Personally, I spent about 3-4 hours a week just watching the lectures, Q&A session (which was an hour), critiques (you can watch the other student's feedback videos--they're roughly 5 minutes or so each, but that adds up if you want to watch several of them), and of course scanning and uploading the assignments on an ancient scanner and laptop takes some time too. :P

Add that to 6-8 hours of drawing per week, and I spent 9-12 hours. I hope you get the chance to take a class there at some point, because having the personal feedback is a huge motivator and helped me progress faster, for sure.

Messages In This Thread
RE: learning illustration from the beginning - by auroraborealis - 02-24-2016, 07:37 AM