Are art forums nearing extinction
that was a beautiful answer. Happy

You have some good points in it that people are very scattered in many places. and it contributes that there is less traffic on art forums. I also think that Facebook takes a large part of those who used to come on forums.

And you are absolutely right in that many are afraid to speak their minds, perhaps as you say they are afraid to say something wrong or do others sad, or they are afraid to say anything that might harm their art career . who knows!

But I have also sometimes considered to just be passive on the forum since my dyslexia makes spelling is a big problem. And I very very easily expose myself as a bit of a dolt. Maybe I am Stupid

As I see it, it might be a good idea to reward people who are active, perhaps with a point system, not as the page now have, but more like they do on the Video service LiveLeak. where you are rewarded for being active and it offers some advantages to be active and get points.
And so people have to in a way to be active to give and receive criticism, I think it will serve as a motivation when people see that it pays off to be an active part of the forum

Example of how to do it LiveLeak:

What are points and how can I earn them?

Points are a virtual reward for your activity on Liveleak. For some functionalities on Liveleak (like rating comments), you will need a certain amount of points. You can earn points the following ways:
- Adding items, for each upload you get 1.5 points.
- Sharing items to your friends, 1 point(s) per item shared.
- Getting your comments upvoted by other (0.1 points per upvote).
- Getting your items featured, 30 points per item featured.
- Getting your channel featured, 50 points per channel featured.

How to rate comments up or down?

In order to rate comments up or down you need to have a minimum of 20 points. For details on how to earn points check

And a post could also get points depending on how many think it's good or relevant so people do not spammer to get points

Or have an intro video to all the people who create a new account to explain how important it is that they become an active part of the forum. and how to give good criticism and receive criticism.!!

Hope it is understandable what I write? otherwise to where I need to correct. (Are dyslexic and English is not my native language) Wink

Facebook
Pinterest
Deviantart
That Which Does Not Kill Us Makes Us Stranger.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are art forums nearing extinction - by Martin J Intarat - 03-12-2015, 10:01 PM
RE: Are art forums nearing extinction - by Farvus - 06-02-2015, 09:32 PM
RE: Are art forums nearing extinction - by DK - 06-04-2015, 03:05 AM
RE: Are art forums nearing extinction - by Jeso - 06-04-2015, 07:21 AM