New Painting Tool. Colour Constructor!
So I have a dilemma. For the sake of prototyping, i have made it a 2d game engine that i already know. However it is lacking core features like being able to save files anywhere on the harddrive, drag and drop and the like. I thought i found a work around, but that seems to be a dead end.

Now i have two options. I could keep going and get out a functional version for people to use. I could get out a public build in the next few days if i do this, dev will be super rapid.

The other option is to move to a framework actually designed for making software like this, but there is a learning curve here, i have no idea how long it would take to even get back to the current stage i am in the current engine.

I want to keep going with the current engine, and treat it as a shippable prototype, and once i get that into a nice place, start work on porting it over to a more capable framework.

Regardless of what way i plan on going, the current plan is to sell it on gum-road for $5, and offer lifetime upgrades.

What do you guys think?

Drawing out of perspective is like singing out of tune. I'll throw a shoe at you if you do it.
Sketch Book

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Painting Tool. Colour Constructor! - by OtherMuzz - 07-01-2015, 04:45 PM