Lost,Tired, need some help !
(01-01-2016, 07:30 PM)Amit Dutta Wrote: hey man, I would suggest that you should pick one piece to get crits on so people can focus their help. It's hard to say what you mean when you say "nothing at all seems to work"  I see lots that is working and stuff that isn't. Overall I see some decent face structures, pretty ok anatomy, generally nice values and colour. On the other hand there can be anatomy improvments, things are generally left pretty rough and nothing is finished.

Without knowing more, or you picking a particular thing you might need help with that's about all I have. The other thing I guess, is that attitude is everything. You say you can see your errors, so then that is half the battle. It's simply a matter of diligent focused practice and studying to solve those which will help you conquer them.  

So,
1. identify your errors. (self generated, or from crit)
2. prioritise what you need to work on the most
3. study the fuck out of the problem until you start to get it.
4. Apply learnings to new work. (take something to final finish)
5. improve and pat yourself on the back.

oh and most importantly

6. don't ever beat yourself up or talk down on your work.

Let other people judge your work themselves, and improvement will happen with the work done, not with how much you can claw your inner self to pieces. :)

Thanks for the reply man.

That's thing I don't know what I'm doing wrong ? I put in the time and hours to do studies and figure drawing,head studies, all of that mess.Sketchbook after sketchbook and I can not figure out what in the hell I am doing wrong, primarily with heads and facial proportions. I've looked at book after book, tried academic drawing with the block in, tried drawing with the Loomis method, tried Hograth, looked at how other people do it, and I can not get it locked in it's utterly ridiculous. I know my painting is rough and I was planning on spending time to learn how to finish and render a piece but what's the point if there is a faulty foundation at the start ? It's like every time I draw a head I get the same busted results and I don't know what is the problem...I can live with my bodies, sure they need work but at least they are some what in order, unlike my head drawing s which don't even look like legitimate human beings, heres a couple 'head' gesture spits. It's just so irritating  

Thanks !

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Lost,Tired, need some help ! - by ChaseNNN - 01-01-2016, 06:50 AM
RE: Lost,Tired, need some help ! - by Amit Dutta - 01-01-2016, 07:30 PM
RE: Lost,Tired, need some help ! - by ChaseNNN - 01-02-2016, 01:43 PM
RE: Lost,Tired, need some help ! - by Amit Dutta - 01-03-2016, 08:25 AM
RE: Lost,Tired, need some help ! - by ChaseNNN - 01-05-2016, 01:06 AM
RE: Lost,Tired, need some help ! - by Amit Dutta - 01-05-2016, 06:04 AM
RE: Lost,Tired, need some help ! - by ChaseNNN - 01-19-2016, 02:53 PM
RE: Lost,Tired, need some help ! - by Amit Dutta - 01-19-2016, 03:04 PM