That ghost dude sketchbook
Hey man, you started your SB thread, yay! :) Bring on the stuuuuudies man. Looks like you are really chasing improvement.

On to the crits. It's good to see all the basic form and perspective studies you are doing. You are improving from them, but there are a few specific issues. I want to point out. First, line quality. You seem to be making multiple strokes where one would do. You'll learn about this on your first day doing Draw a Box. Then you have some perspective issues with your boxes and cylinders. Again, true to its name, Draw a Box will address those, like the near/far plane issue (nearby faces of the boxes are never smaller than further faces). You are drawing through some of your forms. Keep doing that- it will help you spot issues with your forms.

I don't have as much advice with your anatomy studies- I'm not focusing on anatomy at the moment so I don't know much. :D DERP But I will be getting to it soon. I can tell that some of your facial proportions and hands are a bit messed up, watch out for that. Just keep going, you are on the right track!!

P.S. Start Draw a Box already, from lesson 1! I think I mentioned this already but you'll want to check out Scott Robertson for freehand perspective stuff, he's amazing. ^^

"Drawing is a skill like hammering a nail. You might not be great at it yet, but there is nothing stopping you from gettin' down and hammering away." -Irshad Karim

Sketchbook!

Messages In This Thread
That ghost dude sketchbook - by ThatDudeIsaGhost - 02-02-2016, 04:46 AM
RE: That ghost dude sketchbook - by Mechanizoid - 02-03-2016, 01:14 PM
RE: That ghost dude sketchbook - by Mechanizoid - 02-03-2016, 01:26 PM
RE: That ghost dude sketchbook - by Mechanizoid - 02-05-2016, 07:40 PM