Donations for the server with a tournament?
I'm not sure about tournament with people's donation, but the tournament idea sounds fun. How to drive donation to server is the more important and main problem here. You could say for example "anyone donating $10 gets 1 raffle ticket to win prizes" and prizes are also donated. So someone donating $50 gets 5 raffle tickets. The work will fall on you greatly or whoever the organizer is because to draw the raffle you'll probably have to write down every participant's name on a piece of paper, sometimes writing the same name 5 times, and then actually draw them out.

Prizes are divided into packs if items are too small to be a prize on their own. Prize could be anything from money, to donated prints from admired artists like Sula, Arvalis, Nathan Fawke(if he sells print), to new copies of LazyNezumi/Colourus/a couple months subscriptions to Adobe/to Autodesk/to DitigalTutors/other-digital-art-tools, to donated trad art supplies (must be new or 95%+ new with only the wrappers off and maybe 1 used tube of paint for example). To ensure trust the organizer and donator need to be willing to spend postage so the organizer can personally collect these to mail out later, unless people really trust or know the person behind the screen name donating the prize for direct mail.

Just some thoughts I don't really know if that'll work. I've only seen and not personally organized any fund raiser for cause, other than selling cakes on campus and cleaning garages for people.

Focus.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Donations for the server with a tournament? - by meat - 02-06-2016, 12:03 AM