Donations for the server with a tournament?
Ok, I'll try to make my 2 cents as short as possible:

Big tournaments - big yes!
Payment for winners - no

The sad truth is that Bloodsports and Dan/dave's streams were what kept this forum alive in 2012. It was a crowded place with losts of hard working, motivated and active people. Once the contests stopped the forum simply went dead. Most of the people I remember from 2012 aren't here anymore. Some become a well known artists, some lost interest and some moved elsewere. I did not post for a long time as well because I felt the community fell apart.

Today the forum is not what it used to be a the beginning. There is no event that would unite this community. Although some people still post here, everyone is pretty much limited to their private area of interest - it's like New York without Times Square or Paris without the Eiffel Tower.

I really like Mariyan's idea of visiual additions on the forum. This could be a prize in the contest along with something else (maybe Dave Rapoza could dontate some prints? It should not be a big deal for him).

I would propose to organize 2 major events:
- Work of the month (for best artworks - decided either by voting or a jury)
- Theme contest ( with the same principles as Bloodsports - just with different name)

If you're for it, I can give a helping hand in organizing it, but I'd need someone else to help as well. I plan to start streaming and i know some people have a history of successful streaming and some experience with mentoring etc - if someone like that was willing to help it would be great.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Donations for the server with a tournament? - by Piotr Jasielski - 02-08-2016, 06:15 AM