giants meeting
where's your original sketch? hard to judge without that. In my experience when you have a feeling that your original sketch was better, always go back to the original sketch no matter how much time you have already sunk in.
No amount of polishing a turd will make it gold. Go back to the nugget you found and polish that up properly. In general your piece ain't that bad; I would play with lower contrast on things that are meant to be really large...too much contrast implies things close to us, so apply this to the figures.

*edit: Ok wait, so the value sketch was your original you meant?  Well what I said still holds true I guess. Look at the contrast in your value sketch, compared to your colour version, more contrast, so the depth breaks a bit. 

I'm gonna also chuck this here to show how contrast and texture density is huge in implying distance and scale. Notice smaller lower contrast shapes in the distant figure, larger blocks of colour and shapes, higher contrast in the foreground. The far background has very little contrast except in key focal points, and is largely just shape and value.

[Image: eytan-zana-forest-god4.jpg]

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
giants meeting - by Yanifska - 02-06-2016, 01:14 AM
RE: giants meeting - by Baoto - 02-07-2016, 10:39 AM
RE: giants meeting - by Yanifska - 02-09-2016, 03:36 PM
RE: giants meeting - by Amit Dutta - 02-10-2016, 07:44 PM
RE: giants meeting - by Yanifska - 02-15-2016, 02:19 PM
RE: giants meeting - by Amit Dutta - 02-17-2016, 06:00 PM