John's Thread (Used to be super active! Still the longest thread name ever in CD)
Zipfelzeus - You're right about the eye part. I kinda like that piece, even though it was just supposed to be an experiment. I might go back later to fix it. Thanks Zippy!

Amit Dutta - Totally, I'm trying to look for new ways and methods too. Hopefully I can gain some insight on how I can fix that old robot lady piece from looking at old paintings.

---
Thanks guys! Always a treat! And many thanks to people at Discord on the Sargent talks! Super helpful!

First Sargent study:

Not as vibrant as the original. Re-calibrated my brushes for this. Different color palette from what I am used to, so I hope I learned my way around the color wheel. Need to look at the original more!

I'd probably do another Sargent study with a light background and another with a dark background..

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead

Messages In This Thread
RE: John's Thread (Do not coddle and punch him right in the goolies.) - by John - 08-18-2016, 08:30 PM